Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why I Say I'm a Unicorn...


I often refer to myself as a unicorn, even though I do not write fantasy novels.  Why?  Well, let me tell you. 

A unicorn is me being myself, but better.  There is a quote I like.  It goes like this:  "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." Author: Christopher Robin 




 
 
Another reason I call myself a unicorn is because unicorns can be alone without being lonely.  Look at this girl.  She is alone in a wasteland.  No one to talk to for miles.  But she has something zinging around in her brain that conjures up rainbows and lightning and fearsome skies and bright light all at the same time!  It's a story!  And it's happening while she is alone, but not lonely. 
 
 
 
 

 Unicorns have AMAZING friends.  And that is me.  I have the most kind, supportive, and real laughing-out-loud friends.  These are people who have something uniquely magical themselves.  And I am eternally grateful for these people in my life.   

And finally, unicorns dance.  Wherever they are.  But hopefully in a field of flowers. 

That, my friends, is why I am a unicorn.  I hope you can be a unicorn, too :)

Happy writing,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. This is very touching! I like it a lot! Can I be a unicorn too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Chelly! You ARE a unicorn, you just don't realize it. Yet.

      Delete