Monday, August 18, 2014

My Hero Writers

The characters from the Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum were rewarded for achieving their goal.  My goal, of course, is to write lots of books!  If I could choose... I would have:

The heart of Linda Urban's books.  Her stories are like a warm hug.  A whisper of, "I understand.  I am just like you.  And it will be ok."

The delicious humor of Roald Dahl.  It is a stream of consciousness type of laughing at the odd and quirky and sometimes dark side of life.  A giddiness in observation. 

The expert storytelling of Gary Paulson.  Perfect form without formula.  An element of danger... the sense that the stakes couldn't be higher. 

There are more, but that's a lofty start.  If my books have a tiny measure of what those three authors have, I will say I've reached the end of the yellow brick road.

Happy writing,
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment